Pastor Arthur Amery was working with the Methodist Home Mission and came into the Pentecostal experience which was not welcomed in his denomination.
Moving back to Tongala East he began a house church in his parents’ home. Sunday meetings commenced in the KyValley Hall on September 1st in 1946 and then moved to the Mechanics Hall, Kyabram on July 6th 1947.
In 1955, under the leadership of Pastor John Job, land was acquired in Allan Street for the purpose of building a church. Building works commenced soon after the church opened in June 1956. In 1976 under the leadership of Pastor Ian Fenn’s ministry in 1976, the pivotal decision was made to launch into a major building program. With a core group of about 35 members, this proved to be a faith challenged project. As a result of sacrificial giving and an immense effort in voluntary labor, the present church was opened in March, 1978. The name ‘Living Waters’ was given to mark the occasion of a new image and a greater vision.
The adjacent property known as White’s was acquired in December, 1983.
In 1994 a new extension was completed, as stage one of a plan to build an auditorium that seated 500. Living Waters has always been a church that has reached out into the community, both in locally and overseas. It has been our Privilege to help establish churches in Shepparton, Echuca, Tatura, Bendigo, Numurkah and Rushworth. From these churches, additional churches have also been established in Mooroopna, Echuca, Tongala and Rochester.
Christian Life Rushworth started in March 2005, planted by Ps. Jim and Lisa Stevens from Living Waters. Jim had been ministering in the local school for 8 years previous, through lunch time programs and RE. The church was birthed out Ps Jim’s heart for Rushworth and the need for a spirit filled church in the town.
The church met in the school hall. Flame Youth commenced in 2006 and then in 2009 through God’s leading and the need to step out in faith, the church became an independent church.
In 2012 Ps Peter Guerra, previously youth leader and associate pastor, took over the reins as senior pastor. 2015 saw a move to a new building in the main Street of Rushworth. In early 2020, Christian Life Rushworth became a location church of Living Waters and became Living Waters Rushworth.